WHAT I’VE DONE
Today, Tomorrow & Back Then
I have enjoyed a career in managing and advising businesses over many decades and have been privileged to work with some of the best consultants and clients in the world.
KEY CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
Current roles include:
- Adviser to WE Communications – we-worldwide.com – One of the largest communications agencies in the world and fiercely independent, WE believes in the power of communication to move people to positive action.
- Non-Executive Chairman, Coverdale Barclay – coverdalebarclay.com – Coverdale Barclay offers transformative brand proposition development, PR, marketing and stakeholder engagement for districts and destinations undergoing change to drive perception change and increased value.
- Adviser, Alfred PR – alfredlondon.com – A fast-growing strategic communications consultancy that prides itself in creating movements, not moments.
- Adviser, Lodestone – lodestonecommunications.com – A strategy and communications agency providing Corporate and Public Affairs services and helping leaders to tell their own stories, in their own voices, navigating a course to success.
- Adviser, Action Global Communications – actionprgroup.com A visionary international communications network spanning over three continents with a core presence in over 40 markets.
- Adviser, Atrevia – atrevia.com – A Global Communication and Strategic positioning Company, with offices in Spain, Portugal and Latin America.
- Adviser, CEC group – cecgr.com – A leading independent public affairs agency and network in Central Europe.
- Member of The Superbrands Council.
- 2016- 2021 – Non-Executive Director, Interel [now DGA Interel), the global public affairs consultancy
- 2013-2021 – Governor, London Metropolitan University and former Chair of the Finance & Resources Committee.
- 2009 – 2013 – Global CEO, Grayling, a global PR consultancy owned by Huntsworth plc.
- 2004 – 2009 – CEO, Trimedia International.
- 2000 – 2003 – CEO Hatch Group, backed by Bridgepoint Private Equity.
- 1993 – 2000 – CEO, APAC, Weber Shandwick and CEO, International.
- 1982 – 1993 – CEO, PR Consultants Scotland, backed by 3i.
Other Career Highlights:
- 2011 – Received Honorary Doctorate in Business Administration from Leeds Metropolitan University.
- 2001 – Chair, UK Government study into the future of the PR industry which led to it receiving chartered status.
- 1998 – 2005 – Non-Executive Director, Think London, the city’s inward investment agency.
- 1999 – 2000 – Member, CBI London Council.
- 1998 – 2007 – Trustee, Action on Addiction.